Every job requires a set of specific skills and knowledge, but the details of that skill set depend on each position and its complexity. Competency-based assessments provide a means for building the skills and knowledge people must have in order to perform a job well. This type of assessment can also be helpful in succession planning since it offers a course of action to develop employees for future roles. It allows for effectively conducting Team, Culture and 360 analyses as well.
If you properly implement competency modeling sequences for all jobs in your organization, your company will be ahead of the curve. Benefits include:
- Converting your organization’s vision and core values into expected employee behavior
- Reducing costs in selection, lowering absenteeism, and reducing turnover
- Utilizing fairer and more objective assessments
- Identifying individual employee-specific development needs that are directly linked to outcomes and objectives
- Targeting training resources to areas with the highest ROI
- Establishing valid and effective performance evaluation criterion
- Identifying gaps between current skill sets and potential future skill set requirements through “Talent Match”
- Empowering employees to direct their own personal development and to self-evaluate
The bottom line is that organizations will enjoy increased productivity and profitability by ensuring that their employees have the capability to meet objectives and customer expectations.
The Devine Group has created a streamlined process through which HR professionals can construct competency-based job models in less than an hour! HR simply sends assessments to a handful of SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) and then immediately generates a highly customized competency-based job model based on SME input. We also offer the more traditional approach of allowing clients to select appropriate competencies from our library of more than 130 job competencies.
We would love to have an opportunity to showcase our proprietary competency-based Job Model Builder for you and your colleagues. A tool like this can make all the difference in ensuring success for the future of your organization.